S4F is a decentralized, self-organizing grassroots movement and networks with corresponding initiatives in a growing number of other countries through this website.
S4F is inviting all interested scientists to participate by joining existing groups or starting their own local, regional or national groups. If you would like to hear more about S4F Australia or consider being an active part of it, please fill in this form:
Who can participate
- Participation in S4F is open to all trained scientists and scholars who are committed to the S4F Charter and the objectives of the original S4F statement. Requirements are academic titles (PhD, Dr., Prof. etc.), a graduate degree (Master, Diploma etc.) or professional contributions as (co-)author in a peer-reviewed scientific publication.
- Interested students and other persons who are not trained academics as defined above may be admitted to regional/local groups with the status “supporter”.
- We strive for representation from all countries and all nationalities/ethnicities/genders.
How to participate
Participation is possible:
- by recognition of the Charter and cooperation in a thematic project or
- by inclusion in a regional/local group of a national chapter (see map below) or
- by starting a new group (if none exists) in your country or location.
(See Tips and Guidelines on starting a New Group below)
- You can also show your support by wearing S4F banners and materials at outreach events and sign up to the International Listserv here: https://listserv.gwdg.de/mailman/listinfo/s4f-international
We provide basic support for all international S4F groups. This includes initial contacts and starting tips to form new regional groups, as well as providing web hosting services for eligible S4F groups. Our international network supports and connects national and regional groups enabling them to grow independently, yet stay connected, support each other and exchange research, solutions and ideas.
- Contact list for Regional Groups [ADD: link to Existing Groups here]
- Request Support for starting a new Country or Regional Group [ADD: Contact information/fill out form here]
Things to keep in mind
- Information on cooperation, use of names and logos, forms of action, publication and communication is available on internal pages. In particular, names (“Scientists for Future”, “Scientists4Future” or “S4F”) and logos of the initiative are not to be used in the context of advertising for economic and party-political activities.
- Scientists, scholars and supporters of Scientists for Future take seriously their responsibility to do their utmost to contribute to a good future for present and future generations.
- Conflicts between scientific neutrality and political influence can not always be avoided. As established in the Charter(link) and the German Language statement of March 2019 (link), we support and will actively inform and promote demands and non-violent actions.
- The use of our logos and banners at events is in line with the spirit of Scientists for Future. This does not mean that Scientists for Future as an initiative fully supports all the demands of any particular local action or protest, but that the participants are active in Scientists for Future and personally support this action.
- The most important thing is: